Do you have an interest in mentoring and leadership?
RainbowYOUTH is seeking executive advisors who are interested in mentoring and youth development to join our governance board in a voluntary capacity.
Executive Advisors form an important part of RainbowYOUTH’s governance board, bringing additional skills to the by youth for youth board (who are RainbowYOUTH members between 15-27), and acting as a mentor for individual board members.
As the largest youth led and youth run organisation in Aotearoa, with a 27 year history, executive advisors to RainbowYOUTH need to be passionate about supporting and mentoring young people to succeed in leadership roles, as well as believe in the kaupapa of supporting and advocating for queer and gender diverse (LGBTI) young people across Aotearoa.
Ongoing commitments are:
- Attending a two hour board meeting at a set time monthly
- Attending one or two additional committee meetings per month
- Allowance for meeting one on one with board members or staff as needed
- Approximately one hours worth of responding to board business via email weekly
In 2016, the specific skill sets we are looking for are:
- Knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Tikanga
- Advise on best practise within the organisation for working with Māori and Pacific young people
- Promote and enhance relationships with Māori and Pacific communities in the education, social and health sectors
- Understanding of leadership and cultural sensitivities for queer people within Māori and Pacific communities
- HR policy and procedures
- Senior Management experience
- Budget setting and tracking
- Familiar with NGO funding, that is primarily relying on grants
- Knowledge of developing fee for service programmes
- Marketing in both digital and conventional spaces
- Knowledge of project and fundraising campaigns experience
- Networking experience within several spaces
Executive Advisors to RainbowYOUTH gain satisfaction from working with and mentoring the motivated and intelligent members of our governance board, and the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of queer and gender diverse young people in Aotearoa for years to come!
Those interested in becoming an Executive Advisor to the RainbowYOUTH board are asked to submit a brief (one page max) expression of interest (EOI) to RainbowYOUTH Co-chairperson [email protected] outlining their reason for applying, the skills they would bring to the RainbowYOUTH board, and relevant experience.