Join the RY Board
The RainbowYOUTH Executive Board is looking for passionate, team focused, and motivated people who
a) are aged 13-27 and
b) identify as part of the queer, gender-diverse & intersex (or rainbow) community.
The RainbowYOUTH Executive Board for 2020/2021 is elected at our Annual General Meeting. The AGM is a chance for us to reflect on the work we've been doing over the past year and elect our next board members. All members are entitled to put forward a motion for the AGM, provided it is advertised 14 days prior to the AGM (6 June 2020 is 14 days before the AGM). If you have any questions and/or would like to put forward a motion, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and we will advertise the motion to the members. Click here to see the current proposed motions and here to see the constitutional changes that will be voted on at the AGM.
What do board members do?
- Attend monthly RY board meetings either in person or Skype. Each board members gets $40 per meeting.
- Be responsive to emails.
- Help set and guide the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Read and engage in reports and presentations provided by the Executive Director.
- Approximately 3 hours per week! Board meetings run once a month, usually between 6-8pm.
- The board term for this year runs from the date of our AGM (June 20th) through to June 2021.
What positions are available?
We have a number of positions available on our Executive Board! These are:
If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to flick us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.