Professional Development & Workshops
RainbowYOUTH has been delivering powerful educational workshops for over fifteen years. We have a number of workshops available to help your business or workplace to become more inclusive and aware of the rainbow communities and young people.
Participants are provided with certificates upon completion of workshops.
Gender and Sexuality 101
$400* + GST
An overview of the fundamentals of gender and sexuality, and the identities that exist within our rainbow communities. This interactive workshop allows participants to explore the material, and how it relates to their work. The workshop can be tailored to specific settings, and includes the following broad sections:
- Overview of gender identity, sexuality, presentation and sex characteristics, and some of the identities and language that exists
- Why inclusive workplaces are important - some of the experiences of rainbow identifying people in the workplace and our society
- What you can do as an individual and as an organisation - tools for being a good ally, and making your organisation inclusive and safe for rainbow people
- Scenarios that you might come across and how to respond
"We loved learning about gender diversity and the small things that we can all do to in our lives to make the world a friendlier and safer space for everyone.We have been armed with some really awesome tools that will help us shape our thinking and our conversations. A seriously impressive hour!"
Gemma Braddock, Branch Manager, ACC North Harbour, Auckland
Rainbow Young People in Aotearoa
$400* + GST
Understand the challenges and experiences of rainbow young people in Aotearoa today. Your facilitator will draw on research, statistics and anecdotes from RainbowYOUTH, to paint a picture of what it’s like to walk through Aotearoa as a rainbow young person.
Youth-led, Youth-run Practice
$400* + GST
RainbowYOUTH has been operating for thirty years under a youth-led, youth-run model. Learn about our youth-led approach, understand the benefits, and explore how you can apply this practice within your own work and organisation.
Consultation: want our input?
$200* / hour + GST
We’d love to consult on your project, programme, idea, policy, or anything else you’re working on. Our staff can provide expert guidance on how to best include and serve rainbow young people.
Haven’t found what you’re looking for?
We have a variety of material to develop a workshop that meets your needs. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RainbowYOUTH is committed to making our workshops accessible to everyone. Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss alternative pricing options or a payment plan.
- Upon delivery of the workshop, we will invoice you for payment of the workshop(s)
- Dates and times for our workshops will be worked out once we receive your booking inquiry. If you have a deadline, please make sure that you book at least a month in advance.
*the prices stated are for corporate and commercial organisations, a 50% discount is provided to community organisations. Please get in touch to discuss further.